EPSON SureColor F2100 Direct To Garment Printer - 5 Color Printer
For over three years, Epson dedicated a team of mechanical, chemical, and software engineers to create an all-new imaging technology dedicated for printing directly to garments. This endeavor allowed us to rethink everything and ultimately design a garment printer the way it was meant to be.
Designed using the latest advancements in performance imaging, like our purpose-built Epson PrecisionCore™ TFP® print head, along with our all-new garment ink technology – Epson UltraChrome DG – the SureColor F2100 series will become the new benchmark in high-performance garment imaging.
Feature & Benefits
The all-new Epson® SureColor® F2100 series was created with one objective in mind — making a killer T-shirt. Every aspect of these printers, from the printer mechanism to the ink delivery system, was purpose-built to deliver industrial-level production speeds, image quality, and reliability to redefine direct-to-garment (DTG) imaging.
- 5-color Direct-to-Garment Printer
- All new Ultrachrome® DG inks
- Revolutionary EPSON PrecisionCore® TFP® Print Head for extreme print quality and production speeds
- Maximum resolution of 1440 x 1440 dpi for white ink and 1440 x 720 for color inks
- Large garment imaging area up to 16" x 20"
- Designed for simple maintenance and high reliability
- Garment Creator imaging software included
- Free one-year of coverage under the Epson Preferred Protection Plan
5-Color Ultrachrome DG Ink Technology
- New pigment ink technology for cellulose-based garment imaging developed internally by Epson.
- Compatible with both 100% cotton or cotton synthetic blends to 50/50.
- Co-developed with the new print head technology to improve overall reliability.
- Next-generation high-dispersion white ink technology reduce sedimentation and coagulation.
- Very high white ink density, with a very natural white color.
- Clean and bright color ink performance for outstanding finished garments.
- Each cartridge has built-in ink filtering to better ensure ink entering the system is clear of contaminants.
- An additional internal ink filter screens the inks a second time before entering the print head further improving print head life and reliability.
- Robust garment durability.
- The five color Epson prigment inks used in the Epson SureColor F2000 series printers, when applied to cotton fabrics, pass the requirements of the Oeko-tex Standard 100 for human ecological requirements of Class I products for adults, children and babies up to 36 months.
PrecisionCore TFP Print Head
- Advanced Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print chip core is only 1/1,000 mm thin.
- Based on the Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems process for an unparalleled level of manufacturing efficiency for consistent production quality.
- Utilizes advanced piezo materials, delivering a higher-level of print head durability.
- Co-developed with Epson UltraChrome DG ink technology for extreme garment imaging reliability.
- Delivers precision ink droplet control for extreme print clarity and sharpness on garments.
- 1,440 nozzles per inch dedicated to white inks for incredible print speeds with up to 720 nozzles per inch assigned to color ink.
- Segmented color channels offers cleaning by color pairs, reducing ink waste and cleaning cycle time.
- LED beam detection system automatically scans the surface of the garment prior to each imaging pass
- Protects the print head from garment strikes for improved reliability
- Scans the flat surface of garments up to 0.98" in thickness
- Determines best platen height setting to achieve narrowest printing gap and highest imaging quality
- Works with all available platens: 4" x 4" sleeve, 10" x 12" small, 14" x 16" medium (included in-box) and 16" x 20" large
- Compatible with any 3rd party platen
- All new fabric wiper system cleans the print head surface with pristine material before every garment imaging job and before the print head is parked, increasing print head reliability.
- Printer Maintenance Kit includes easily exchanged fabric wiper system, print head flushing pad, and print head capping station. Replaced approximately every 1000 garments, any trained operator can easily exchange all items in under 3 minutes.
- Simple daily maintenance - 15 second manual shake of the white ink cartridges followed by an automatic white ink system recirculation.
- Automatic white ink channel cleaning on power-on (default) or recommended manual nozzle check and clean color pairs as needed.
- Garment Creator workflow software developed by Epson
- Very simple interface - quick learning-curve
- Available for both Apple®, Macintosh®, and Microsoft®, Windows® platform
- Raster-based software application supporting sRGB - TIFF (layered), PNG, JPEG, and BMP graphic files
- Easy-to-Use garment layout. Choose your platen size, place your image file, position, scale, rotate, etc. - then print
- Independent controls for color and white imaging
- Powerful color adjustment features
- Built-in Job accounting tools. Keeps track of ink usage by job for better cost estimation and expense tracking
- Additional levels of imaging capability are available from 3rd party RIP Workflows
Printing Method: PrecisionCore TFP print head
Ink Technology: Ultrachrome DG
Colours: Cleaning liquid, White, Magenta, Yellow, Cyan, Black
Ink tank capacity: 250 ml
Minimum Droplet Size: 21 pl
Nozzle Configuration: 720 Nozzles Black, 720 Nozzles per Color, 720 Nozzles white x2
Paper / Media Handling
Print Area: Large Platen (16"x20"/406x508mm), Medium Platen (14"x16"/356x406mm), Small Platen (10"x12"/254x305mm), Sleeve Platen (4”x 4”/ 101 x 101mm)
Compatible Substrate Thickness: Up to 25 mm
Energy Use: 52 Watt, 20 Watt (economy), 10 Watt (standby), 0.5 Watt (Power off)
Supply Voltage: AC 100 V - 240 V,50 Hz - 60 Hz
Product dimensions: 985 x 1,425 x 490 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
Product weight: 82 kg
Sound Power: Operation: 5.7 B (A)
Noise Level: Operation: 41 dB (A)
What's in the box: Driver and utilities (CD), Individual Ink Cartridges, Installation/safety manual, Main unit, Medium platen, Power cable, Setup guide, User manual, Warranty Documents, Waste ink bottle
Memory Printer: 512 MB, Network: 128 MB
Recommended Substrates: cotton 100%, up to cotton and blend 50%
Maintenance system: White ink circulation system, Automatic wet fabric wiper system
Gap detection system: LED gap sensor
Features: Direct print from USB
Compatible Operating Systems: Mac OS 10.7.x, Mac OS 10.8.x, Mac OS X 10.6.8, Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bit), Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 (32/64 bit), Windows Vista x64, Windows XP, Windows XP x64
Warranty: 12 months On site service
Interfaces: 10 Base-T, USB 2.0 Type B (2x)
Printing Resolution: 1,440 x 1,440 DPI
LCD and Memory Cards
LCD screen Type: Color, Diagonal: 6.3 cm